Monday, April 6, 2009

master file DOWN

Well, here I am, in my cube with nothing to do since the master file is down, where all productivity hinges.. I have a notebook I scribble in when I'm bored and not WILBing (an actual acronym, new to me, which stands for Workplace Internet Leisurely Browsing), and thought now would be a good time to put these roughs up here, since I'll lose said notebook soon. Reader beware: there is no order, hardly any sense, to these ramblings.
Oh, and just to cover my ass, I have to say that EBSCO does not endorse my comments in any way. =)

"Pro-life" is a term which must be used loosely when describing most right-wingers. "Anti-choice" would be a more fitting label. How can one who denounces abortion so readily, including in situations of rape and incest, be so quick to send our young generations to death for, let's not lie to ourselves anymore, oil? (Had the amount of money that's been spent on Iraq and Afghanistan been put towards a solution for our insane dependence on oil, maybe this country/world would be in a much better place... but that's a different rant.) How can anti-choicers say "no" to abortion, even when the fetus is a clear threat to the already-living mother? Any argument against this is out of pure ignorance. Then again, why would conservatives support choice in this matter? We need plenty of young, healthy soldiers for our pursuit of world dominance! For those who claim "pro-life" from a religious standpoint, in the grand scheme, it is so hypocritical due to all of the wars, in history and present, fought in the name of spreading and sustaining any given religion. Value life? How does war value life?

Also, speaking from the left, YAY IOWA!!!!
I believe in Freedom. The Freedom to choose, the Freedom to love. The Freedom to make a choice which will directly result in one's happiness. Afterall, this country was founded on the Freedom to engage in "the pursuit of happiness", whatever that may be for the individual.

_________


a & b are flying, hands held across time,
unsure if they are with it or against it.
gravity escapes them as they are unleashed
from this world, seeking something
they won't know til it's found.

a & b are flying, hands held because if they let go
they will lose all control, limbs will flail about,
one is sure to break. they glimpse at
all unknown territory, soaring towards some
unknown ending which may not even come.

millions or so lightyears later, or before,
a & b have returned, empty-handed
except for each others vice-like grips.
a can feel b's gaze on her profile, and as she
turns to meet it, they find what they've sought:
infinite joy.

**

I don't know if I like this. Maybe I'll try it with prose instead of poetry.

No comments: